The recent federal shutdown was one more example of our broken political system. Unfortunately better public policy is trapped in partisan gridlock and grandstanding.
If you would like to be one of the committed group of people willing to transform our broken system please consider taking advantage of one of the following opportunities.
We need your help to get the American Party SC certified in South Carolina in time for the 2014 elections. We must have 10,000 registered voters sign a petition in person. Unfortunately, election commission rules prevent this from being done on-line.
1. Check out the video below by WIS TV news.
2. Volunteer to work at a local college football game to help us gather the 10,000 signatures from registered voters needed to get the party certified. WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW! If you willing to volunteer please call Jim Rex at 803 360-4417.
3. Request that a petition be mailed to your home and circulate it among family and friends then mail it back to us.
4. Send a financial contribution to the following address with check made payable to
American Party SC
PO Box 660
Prosperity SC 29127
Many have sacrificed for our democracy. It is time to fix our broken political system with a new independent third-party – the American Party – and elect ethical, accountable, commonsense problem-solving leaders to replace career politicians.
Oscar F. Lovelace, Jr., MD
Dr. Jim Rex
The two dominant American political parties give voters few viable options. Many feel they must choose from the “lesser of two evils” as they consider the choices available from a list of career politicians who have run the “primary gauntlet” of their respective parties by pledging allegiance to the special interests and doctrine their bases demand for both election and re-election.
Polls show what the majority of voters really want:
Neither the Republican nor the Democratic party is able or willing to change the inadequate status quo they have collaboratively created. Only a new party that requires term limits, transparent financial campaign limits, and a non-partisan problem-solving agenda that focuses on economic growth, fiscal responsibility, and increased global competitiveness will allow the 21st century to become yet another “American Century”. We have become a great nation in large part because of our exceptional ability to be creative and to adapt to changing conditions. It is now time to address our growing political dysfunction by establishing a new party- a modern, moderate party.
We have come along way during the past several months since we began our efforts. We hope that you will join us and become a part of this much needed movement. Thank you.
Dr. Jim Rex & Dr. Oscar Lovelace
1. Legislate and govern from the middle
2. Increase the economic global competitiveness of the United States
3. Stop Growth of Political Class and Career Politicians
4. Hold political parties accountable for their candidates and officeholders
1. Decrease the National debt while ensuring a strong national defense and essential social programs through a deliberate, balanced, and comprehensive approach that will not do damage to our economic recovery. (e.g. Simpson/Bowles Plan)
2. Create a strong, choice-driven public school system that encourages innovation, rigor, and success for all children with an increased emphasis on early childhood education.
3. Create an efficient, effective health care system that emphasizes preventative care and encourages healthy lifestyles for all Americans.
4. Reform Campaign Funding by doing away with the effects of the Supreme Court ruling (e.g. Citizens United) by legislation and/or amendment; requiring immediate and total transparency; and posting all donors and amounts regardless of source within five business days of receipt.
5. Reform Ethics Legislation by requiring the disclosure of all sources of income as a candidate and as an elected official. Have stand-alone ethics commissions at state and federal levels to investigate, enforce, and discipline.
6. Provide strong, unequivocal support for the Second Amendment- coupled with responsible, reasonable regulations and programs. (e.g. strong, universal background check system and better mental health diagnosis and treatment.)
7. Initiate comprehensive tax reform to acquire a simpler, fairer tax system that supports economic growth and encourages work, savings and investment.
8. Implement a comprehensive immigration policy that provides a responsible pathway to citizenship, encouragement of high skill and high knowledge immigration, employer accountability, and a strengthened national border.
Contact us below and become involved!
Click below to watch the December 6th story on the American Party’s progress
Click on the link below to read the November 26th article from
THE CHARLESTON CITY PAPER
Click below to read the Rock Hill Herald’s story on the American Party
Watch – Charleston’s Channel 5 story on the American Party
Read the editorial from Dr. Oscar Lovelace and Dr. Jim Rex in The State Newspaper, May 31, 2013
-SC needs a new political party-
March 6, 2013 - Watch Jim and Oscar’s guest commentary on WIS-TV
Article in the Independent Political Report on the American Party:
A great article about the American Party: http://www.examiner.com/article/new-american-party-forming
Contact us below to learn how you can get involved and make a difference!
We need volunteers for the next upcoming events:
USC home football games.
Nov. 2nd USC vs. Miss. St.; Nov 16th USC vs. Florida; Nov. 23rd USC vs. Coastal; and Nov. 30th USC vs. Clemson
Contact Sue Rex at: email@example.com or 803-417-3736 if you are willing to help.